LAKEWOOD, Wash. — After student protests and a ‘no confidence’ vote, the superintendent of Clover Park Schools finally sat down with student leaders at a closed-door session Friday. This all comes following a KOMO News investigation uncovering unsafe conditions for the students.
Saturday morning began bright and early at Lakewood City Hall Lakewood Youth Council members and volunteers working to make a difference in Lakewood. Pierce College sent a good sized group of local and international students to participate. Other young people, recruited by the Youth Council showed up at City Hall or went directly to the service sites.
- Spreading wood chips at Wards Lake Park
- Samaritan’s Purse project at the Little Church on the Prairie.
- Grave Concerns project at Fort Steilacoom Park
- Caring for Kids project at the Warehouse.
- A unique “pay it forward” day at the Towne Center Starbucks.
Thanks to the Youth Council for another great volunteer event.
4-year reflections from two graduating seniors of the Lakewood Youth Council. VIDEO https://youtu.be/BKmXfyZgvNU