Can you make a funny, less-than-a-minute video about playing a game you can’t possibly win? If so, then we’d like to see it.
Lakewood’s Promise and the Lakewood Computer Clubhouse are partnering to create a new, unique website – DropOutNoWin.com. The prevailing theme of the website is “Dropping out of school is like playing a game you can’t win” Thanks to a grant from Intel, Washington, the Clubhouse kids will be working on the site all summer.
On the website there will be tips and tricks for staying in school, un-winnable video games, and the funny videos that you have helped create. This is all to help promote an atmosphere in Lakewood where most youth will graduate on time.
- The concept and production of the video must be done by a person, 18 yrs or younger.
- The video must be less than a minute.
- The video must be family friendly
- The video must be public, posted on YouTube and able to be linked to the DropOutNoWin site (not password protected).
- The video can use any media such as live action, stop-motion and animation.
- The video has to include the slogan – “Dropping out of school is like playing a game you can’t win”.
Exceptional videos will be shown to City Council and showcased at other venues. Winning video teams will be invited to a special celebration and awards ceremony in October.
Submit your video by filling in the form below…..